Friday 5 June 2009

Broken Hammer

My riveting hammer broke :( I just opened my drawer and there it was, all broken and sad, I don't know how it happened! Maybe it just got fed up banging?



So I'm just waiting on the postman coming with a new one! I use a rivet to attach the pin onto my Kilt Pins and this little hammer is used to tap down the ends to hold it in place. I have quite a few Kilt Pins on the go just now and some interesting designs, here's one I finished recently. This was designed for someone in the Scouts, I was asked to include the fleur-de-lis emblem with initials, some rope and a thistle.



I am also working on a garden sculpture just now. It's going quite slow at the moment because I'm having to learn new techniques, although it's not huge it is quite a difference when I'm used to working micro! The sculpture is to look like a french onion plant, made from copper with moulded resin flowers and a concrete base. I want the base to be patterned as it will be half buried in the earth and I want the earth to fall into all the lower areas to bring out the pattern. I'm not sure whether to go with something quite rough and textured or whether to make it a really sharp clean pattern. I've done a few samples of a rough texture, they look ok although my concrete mix wasn't brilliant! I'm going to get this drawing, inspired by the plant, laser but from mounting board to make some moulds and try out this design.



Going to the caravan tomorrow! Soooo excited, the weathers looking not to bad either!

No comments: